That's right! The Wall family of two is currently building a THIRD WALL who will join us in December--we're pregnant!
We are overwhelmingly grateful for the responsibility God has granted us in becoming parents! He has made it clear from the very beginning that His hand is on this child and He has a beautiful plan for him or her. We believe we're expecting a Christmas baby, but will have a firm date after our ultrasound next month.
Some of you may be thinking, Wow--December? It's a little early for an announcement, isn't it? Yes, it is. Others of you might be thinking, I thought I was close enough to receive a personal notification before an announcement. You're probably right.
Unfortunately, this isn't an ordinary announcement. Just a week after we found out about the pregnancy and shared it with our families, I, Heather, fell very sick. At first I thought it was morning sickness, but within just a few days I was admitted to the hospital for hyperemesis gravidarum. This is a severe morning sickness that prevented me from keeping down food or liquids for over a week, and resulted in my losing 10lbs in that time. I stayed in the hospital for 4 days and was home for just two days before I was back in the hospital for another 5 days. It was during this second stay that it became clear that we needed to notify our friends and supporters back home--we need a prayer team behind us from the beginning! This means we didn't get to have the personal conversation that many of you deserve to get. I'm now 7 weeks pregnant and home from the hospital. I'm feeling better thanks to the two prescriptions I'm taking, and I'm supplementing my eating with high-calorie shakes that have plenty of vitamins and minerals in them.
So... what can you do?
- Pray. For a healthy baby. For the sickness to subside quickly. For the ability to eat and drink regularly. For energy. For wisdom to know when I've hit my limits. For our team to have what they need when Michael and I aren't there to help.
- Support us. This trial has done a number on me, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I would so appreciate any verses, songs, or words of encouragement you can send at any point over the next few weeks! God has used these things to help me through and I would be so grateful for more!
- Don't talk about food. Sometimes just the thought of certain foods can send me over the edge. So, please, when you send back encouragement, don't send me advice on what to eat. As well-intentioned as I know you are being, I need as little reminders of food as possible right now.
- Be patient. You probably have a lot of questions about what is to come at the end of the year with this major change. We do, too. And we don't have answers for those questions yet. God has led us into this pregnancy and we trust Him to lead us out of it where, when, and how He chooses. We will let you know as soon as He has shown us His will. When you find yourself wondering about these things, please take a moment to pray for us to hear God's guidance clearly regarding these questions.
- Be patient. We have a LOT to update you on! March and April were full of wonderful, amazing experiences and stories and we still intend to share them with you. Please also be patient with us as we find a new rhythm in our home and our lives and know that we will be getting this information to you. Also, if you have sent us a gift in the last few months, we have NOT forgotten you. You will get a thank you note from us soon. I promise!
- Fund us. To put it frankly, our new home's utility bills are a good bit more than we were anticipating. We are also spending money on driving to and from the doctor and hospital and having to reimburse the team for those miles, since we're using the team's car. If you are able to support us on a regular or one-time basis, it would be greatly appreciated as we trust God to provide for what He knew was coming. If you are not able to help us or are already helping us, please pray for more individuals and families that are willing to support us.
Thank you for reading, praying, and supporting us. If you are able to help fund what we're doing here, please click "Donate" below. You can also reply to this email with any words of encouragement.
Michael & Heather Wall